A centre of excellent service delivery and prime investment destination by 2030
We are committed to the provision of quality service to all stakeholders in a transparent manner at competitive cost.
Mutare City Council is a lower tier of government whose purpose is to champion the government of Zimbabwe's developmental agenda at local level. The primary focus is on the provision and maintenance of infrastructure and other related services to the residents and ratepayers on a cost recoverable basis.
- We undertake to engage stakeholders in the discharge of our mandate
- We strive to be responsible and answerable for our given mandate
- We strive to meet clients’ needs in the delivery of service
Equity / Inclusivity
- We are committed to offer services in a non-discriminatory manner
- We undertake to address stakeholder’s complaints in the shortest possible time
- We take pride in working as a team to archive service delivery
The Overall functions for City of Mutare are:
- Provision of Housing services,
- Provision of potable and wholesome water,
- Provision of infrastructure,
- Provision of health services,
- Provision of education and social amenities,
- Provision of waste management services,
- Environmental Management,
- Provision of Planning Services,
- Provision of Emergency Services and Civil Protection,
- Management and regulation of the transport system,
- Investment promotion,
- Formulation and enforcement of by-laws,
- Promotion of corporate governance.