The section is headed by the Human Resources Manager and is responsible:
- For formulating and implementing human resources strategy and policy,
- Salaries and Payroll Administration,
- Catering for employees’ welfare and handling any grievances and disciplinary procedures,
- Promoting and managing harmonious industrial relations within Council by ensuring that employees adhere to the Council's Conditions of Service and the Code of Conduct,
- Recruiting and retaining skilled, well qualified and experienced staff as required by client departments, and
- Placing jobs at their correct levels in the Council's grading scheme.