The section is responsible for:-
- Advising Council and management on legal matters,
- Undertaking a constant review of municipal by-laws with a view to up-dating them in line with new legislation and government policy,
- Keeping under review all Council contracts, way leave agreements and notorial deeds of servitudes for the Council,
- Representing Council in courts of law as well as labour hearing and arbitrations in liaison with the Human Resources Manager,
- Liaising with Council’s external lawyers, and
- Dealing with all matters relating to conveyancing of Council property.